CHINO Daisuke, Ph.D. / Associate Professor
Division of Pharmacotherapy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1. Study on the mechanisms by which omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids lower blood pressure.
2. Study on the effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on prostanoid receptors.
3. Study on agonists and antagonists of smooth muscle contraction.
DHA and EPA, the major omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), contained in fish oil, which show antihypertensive effects, reduction of platelet aggregation and of plasma triglycerides. Our main research is focused on the effects of these PUFAs on prostanoid receptors regulating the vascular smooth muscle tone in hypertension. We have a good command of in vivo and in vitro techniques which allow us to study how these PUFAs exerts actions on the cardiovascular systems. The objectives of our research are to clarify the mechanism of hypertension and prove the effects of PUFAs contained in fish oil.
1. Chino D., Sone T., Yamazaki K., Tsuruoka Y., Yamagishi R., Shiina S., Obara K., Yamaki F., Higai K., Tanaka Y.;Pharmacological identification of β-adrenoceptor subtypes mediating isoprenaline-induced relaxation of guinea pig colonic longitudinal smooth muscle. J Smooth Muscle Res., 54(0), 13-27 (2018).
2. Shiina S., Ui R., Kanemura A., Suzuki C., Yamaki F., Obara K., Chino D., Tanaka Y.; β-Adrenoceptor subtypes and cAMP role in adrenaline- and noradrenaline-induced relaxation in the rat thoracic aorta. J Smooth Muscle Res., 54(0), 1-12 (2018).
3. Chino D., Yuda S., Suzuki Y., Hatsuyama F., Sato K., Obara K., Tanaka Y.; Acute effects of intravenous administration of polyunsaturated fatty acids on blood pressure and heart rate in U46619- and noradrenaline-infused rats. Br J Pharm Res, 15(3), 1-12 (2017).
4. Chino D., Naramatsu M., Obara K., Tanaka Y.; Clonidine inhibits phenylephrine-induced contraction of rat thoracic aortae by competitive antagonism of α1-adrenoceptors independent of α2-adrenoceptor stimulation. Pharmacol Pharm, 8, 172-188 (2017).