HASHIMOTO Hiroko, M.D., Ph.D. / Professor
Pharmaceutical Business Sciences Course · Pharmaceutical Information Sciences Course
Department of Pharmaceutical and Medical Business Sciences
1. Practice of integrative medicines
2. Exploring the importance of kampo medicines in modern society
Research in our group is focused on integrative medical care in Japan. We Japanese can receive treatment both in western medicines and kampo medicines within the social insurance coverage. Kampo medicine is the medicine traditionally practiced in Japan based on ancient Chinese medicine. We are receiving integrative medical treatment naturally. Researching the risks and benefits of treatment in this unique medical system, we are studying the form of medical care that Japan should aim for in the future. In addition, we are exploring the role that pharmacies and pharmacists should play in integrated medicine in the future.
1. Iijima K, Hashimoto H, Hashimoto M, Son BK, Ota H, Ogawa S, Eto M, Akishita M, Ouchi Y.:Aortic arch calcification detectable on chest X-ray is a strong independent predictor of cardiovascular events beyond traditional risk factors. Atherosclerosis. May;210(1):137-44 (2010).
2. Hashimoto H, Iijima K, Hashimoto M, Son BK, Ota H, Ogawa S, Eto M, Akishita M, Ouchi Y.: Validity and usefulness of aortic arch calcification in chest X-ray. J Atheroscler Thromb. Jun;16(3):256-64 (2009).
3. Hashimoto H: The existence significance of Kampo treatment in modern society Saitama Prefecture Pharmaceutical Association newsletter (2016).