HIGUCHI Toshiyuki, Ph.D. / Professor
Division of Pharmaceutical Health Biosciences
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1. Study on up-regulation of tissue factor expression in monocytes/macrophages, and on the inhibitor.
2. Study on regulation of expressions and functions of coagulation/fibrinolysis factors in adipocytes.
3. Study on change in expression/function of drug metabolizing enzyme in various stress and diseases.
We focus on association with a lifestyle-related disease and the vascular lesion (arteriosclerosis and/or thrombosis), and research on aberrant coagulation/fibrinolysis in various conditions such as obesity and inflammation from the viewpoint of expression and function of the blood coagulation/fibrinolysis factor. In addition, we study the expression/function of drug metabolizing enzyme in in various stress and diseases.
1. Murata H., Higuchi T., Otagiri M.; Oral pharmacokinetics and in-vitro metabolism of metyrapone in male rats. J. Pharm. Pharmacol., 68, 970-979 (2016).
2. Murata H., Higuchi T., Otagiri M., Invitro and invivo inhibition of metyrapone metabolism by glycyrrhetinic acid in male Wistar rats. J. Pharmaceu.Pharmacol., 4, 1-6(2016).
3. Hirata, Y., Masuda, Y., Kakutani, H., Higuchi, T., Takada, K., Ito, A., Nakagawa, Y., and Ishii, H.; Sp1 is an essentialtranscription factor for LPS-induced tissue factor expression in THP-1 monocytic cells, and nobiletin represses the expression through inhibition of NF-кB, AP-1, and Sp1 activation. Biochem. Pharmacol., 75, 1504 - 1514 (2008).
4. Murata, K., Higuchi, T., Takada, K., Oida, K., Horie, S. and Ishii, H.; Verotoxin-1 stimulation of macrophage-like THP- 1 cells up-regulates tissue factor transcription through activation of c-Yes tyrosine kinase: Possible signal transduction in tissue factor up-regulation. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1762, 835 - 843 (2006).