MAEDA Tomoji, Ph.D. / Professor
Division of Pharmacotherapy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1. Investigation of milk production mechanism focused on biologically active substance.
2. Investigation of phagocytosis involved in MEGF10 in neurons.
Breastfeeding benefits infants in many ways. Human breast milk not only contains normal nutrients, such as carbohydrates,fats, proteins, minerals and vitamins, but also various biologically-active constituents, including antimicrobial substances,growth factors, cytokines, immunoglobulins and specific immune cells. However, it is unknown how various substances in milk acts on infant development. Therefore, considering that various substances in milk has given many profits on infant, we research the effects of various substances on infant development.
1. Chiba T.,* Maeda T.,* Fujita Y, Takeda R, Kikuchi A, Kudo K. Stress-Induced Suppression of Milk Protein Is Involved in a Noradrenergic Mechanism in the Mammary Gland. Endocrinology. 160(9), 2074-2084, (2019). *Equal contribution
2. Chiba T., Maeda T., Kimura S., Morimoto Y., Sanbe A., Ueda H, Kudo K. Inhibitory effect of fluvoxamine on β-casein expression via a serotonin-independent mechanism in human mammary epithelial cells. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 766(5), 56-62, (2015).
3. Chiba T., Maeda T., Tairabune T., Tomita T., Sanbe A., Takeda T., Kikuchi A., Kudo K. Analysis of serotonin concentrations in human milk by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.485(1), 102-106, (2017).
4. Liu S., Ando F., Fujita Y., Liu J., Maeda T., Shen X., Kikuchi K., Matsumoto A., Yokomori M., Tanabe-Fujimura C.,Shimokata H., Michikawa M., Komano H., Zou K. A clinical dose of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor and heterozygous ACE deletion exacerbate Alzheimer's disease pathology in mice. J Biol Chem. 294(25), 9760-9770, (2019).
5. Fujita Y*., Maeda T*., Kamaishi K., Saito R., Chiba K., Shen X., Zou K., Komano H. Expression of MEGF10 in cholinergic and glutamatergic neurons. Neurosci Lett. 653, 25-30, (2017). *Equal contribution