TAKIZAWA Yusuke, Ph.D. / Senior Assistant Professor
Division of Clinical Pharmaceutics
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1. Influence of dairy products on intestinal membrane permeability of drugs and nutrients ~Study on interaction between lactose and galectin-3~
2. Influence of decrease/increase of cellular GTP amount on membrane transport of drugs.
3. Changes of membrane transport via paracellular and transcellular permeability during intestinal inflammatory condition.
Our main research field is "intestinal absorption", and the current research theme is development of novel absorption regulation system using changes in amount of GTP which is second intracellular energy currency and mucin which is a main constituent factor of unstirred water layer.
In addition, we are also studying about changes in the membrane transport of nutrients and drugs under special conditions such as foods intake condition, ingestion of multiple medicines, and gastrointestinal inflammation condition.
1. Takizawa Y., Aizawa Y., Furuya T., Hayashi M., Influence of pharmaceutical excipients on membrane transport via transcellular route in rat small intestine. Sch Acad J Pharm, 8(11), 488-496 (2019).
2. Takizawa Y., Koda D., Takahashi M., Komura Y., Kizawa M., Kurita T., Nakajima T., Influence of non-alcoholic beverage on gastrointestinal epithelial cells, Sch Acad J Pharm, 7(5), 203-207 (2018).
3. Kishimoto H., Miyazaki K., Takizawa Y., Shirasaka Y., Inoue K., Absorption-enhancing effect of nitric oxide on the absorption of hydrophobic drugs in rat duodenum, J Pharm Sci, 105, 729-733 (2016).